The Codex of Uncertainty Transposed - Lacking Uncertainty in Political Culture - Serbia (Part 15)
Local Political Climate Change and Political Heating Deniers
Emblem transpoзиция by Vuka [Vuka kao reka]
Ш’а има б’ате? = Wuzzup bro?
‘Ладим јаја… = Just chillin’...
|Novi Sad - Serbia|
Think not. Over the past 20 years Serbia has been one of the countries with the highest number of early elections in this millennium. Maybe we will end up in the Guinness Book of World Records. There’s a sense of urgency heating up the Politics of the Motherland’s System (PMS) in a country of highly racist,1 highly2 particularistic3 compatriots at the western side of “Middle East meets West” (central = Greece; eastern = Turkey; western = Italy) and no outdated coolin’ water trench system, whatsoever. Let us not dig deeper into the clogs deposited in the pelvic area of our politicians’ lymphatic system. And let us take time to lament unattended drainage systems in farming areas that are so clogged with weeds and unwittingly deposited garbage that every snow-melting season, no matter how mild the snow was, it produces massive tragic flooding in suburban and small town areas. And, of course, calls to campaign for crowdfunding to help out. And then there is the normalization of lingering on the receiving end of humanitarian aid while obtaining expensive loans for luxurious projects – that is also one huge part of the Current Political Climate.
|Belgrade, Serbia - Celebration|
Sooooo, what else became normal in the dominant cultural identity8 of the neo-traditional, post-truth political climate of our PMS?
|Belgrade, Serbia - On the bench|
|Belgrade, Serbia - Retired|
|Belgrade, Serbia - Zombie walk|
So we get truly emotional about the tone with which one buzzword or another, googled out in cyr/lat, resonates. It is as if Pavlov’s dog vocalized its saliva and printed it to circulate nationally. As the most recent winner16 of Serbia’s most respectable book prize would say, the corporal archiving17 manner reflectingly depicts the holder of official truth.***
|Zrenjanin, Vojvodina, Serbia - Through the fence|
|Borca, Serbia - Shepherdess|
Why open up space for solidarity and learn better political solutions if we can just sit and wait for someone to have the system of our liking served to us?
In Belgrade, early equinox 2018
Vuka [Vuka kao reka]
**Nevertheless, different sets of emotional charges feed Google search results for шиптар and hits for Albanian citizen.
*** “[Zoological, botanic, anatomic, anthropological] collections and stories within and about them can sometimes serve to propose a question on the structure/architecture of knowledge, along with space to examine structures of truths represented through given knowledge. For what shapes the content adopted as truthful is the manner in which the knowledge is being distributed/mapped/located within certain space and time. Yet we’re all aware that there’s always some issue about it, and the truth always ends up depending on the allocation of the facts.” - Dejan Atanacković, NIN Magazine, Jan 18, 2018
1. Kitsantonis, Niki. “9 Charged in Fatal Beating of American in Greece.” New York Times. July, 12, 2017: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/12/world/europe/beating-death-of-american-bakari-henderson-in-greece.html
2. Sanšajn 1991. https://youtu.be/jRlHzQSMLzE
3. Mirsad's treatise on the history of Serbian particularism is to be published late April in the Turkey-based philosophical hebdomadaire. Until then, my translation to SrbCro is on ice.
4. “Buden gost Filozofskog teatra.” Abeceda Nezavisne Kulture. May 29, 2017: http://www.seecult.org/vest/buden-gost-filozofskog-teatra
5. Van Norden, Bryan W. “Western philosophy is racist.” Aeon. https://aeon.co/essays/why-the-western-philosophical-canon-is-xenophobic-and-racist
6. Bowie, David. “Five Years”: https://youtu.be/yYwpnG-rkHI
7. Tears for Fears. “Shout”: https://youtu.be/aI9lo5BRJmg
8. Jorgačević, Jelena. “Direktan presnos silovanja.” Vreme: http://www.vreme.com/cms/view.php?id=1480713
9. Roy, Siddhartha. “Science is broken.” Aeon. March 9, 2017: https://aeon.co/essays/science-is-a-public-good-in-peril-heres-how-to-fix-it
10. "Na zahtev opoziciji da izađe sa svojim predlozima pred građane, opozicioni političari bi mogli da odgovore jednostavnim pitanjem – a gde da izađemo? Na stranu što nema garancija da njihove ideje neće biti pokradene." https://pescanik.net/u-susret-parlamentarnim-izborima/
11. Among Serb public personae, seeking consultation on mental vitality equals social suicide because mental medical records are easily accessible for sensationalist media outlets, and through them, gladly exploited as object of ridicule that is proven to sell well. “Insajder: Neko iz MUP dao medijima medicinski karton Kornica” Insajder. December 8, 2017: http://rs.n1info.com/a347867/Vesti/Vesti/Insajder-Neko-iz-MUP-dao-medijima-medicinski-karton-Kornica.html
12. “Šta je REKOM” Peŝčanik. October 28, 2008: https://pescanik.net/sta-je-rekom/
13. Vrela krv: https://youtu.be/jki8Hsw4GS4, around timecode 14:14
14. “Bez Gaćica: Ovako Soraja tverkuje u minijaturnoj haljini ispod koje nema ništa!” Kurir. January 28, 2018: https://www.kurir.rs/stars/2984333/video-bez-gacica-ovako-soraja-tverkuje-u-minijaturnoj-haljini-ispod-koje-nema-nista
15. Sing4All 2: https://youtu.be/7h7gTHSX5
16. Atanackovic, Dejan. http://www.dejanatanackovic.com/Site/Home.html
17. Cook, John. “Muammar Gaddafi’s Body Is in a Meat Locker Right Now.” Gawker. October 21, 2011: http://gawker.com/5852183/muammar-gaddafis-body-is-in-a-meat-locker-right-now
18. A typical one comes from a political science researcher: "One of the possibilities is actually promoting a team of new people with unstained CVs, among whom the frontman would take position of the first among equals.“ (“Jedna od mogućnosti je upravo promovisanje tima novih ljudi neukaljanih biografija, među kojima bi frontmen bio prvi među jednakima.”) “Javni prostor zasićen Vučićem.” Danas: https://www.danas.rs/dijalog/licni-stavovi/javni-prostor-zasicen-vucicem/
Photo 1: Kamena Gora, Serbia - In the fields - Ollirg
Photo 2: Novi Sad - Serbia - gringox
Photo 3: Belgrade, Serbia - Celebration - BalkansCat
Photo 4: Belgrade, Serbia - On the bench - BalkansCat
Photo 5: Belgrade, Serbia - Retired - Bora
Photo 6: Belgrade, Serbia - Zombie walk - td.joric
Photo 7: Zrenjanin, Vojvodina, Serbia - Through the fence - Roman Photography
Photo 8: Borca, Serbia - Shepherdess - BalkansCat
Real: Postcard emblems in The Codex of Uncertainty Transposed and The Anthology of Global Instability Transposed on display at 1080
Social: Cinemblem (cine emblem) at www.facebook.com/Perypatetik
Castañeda, Martha Corzo. Worried Workers - Peru. February 2018.
Cooleridge, Tweeney. Uncertainty in the Abstract - Slovakia. March 2018.
Cordido, Veronica. The Crib of Uncertainty - Venezuela. January 2018.
Dastan, S.A. Uncertain Waters - Turkey. March 2019.
Electra P. Aβεβαιότητα: The Enemy of Romantic Relationships - Greece. February 2018
Escandell, Andrea da Silva. Compromise - Uruguay. March 2018
Goumiri, Abdennour. Uncertainty Is All There Is - France. February 2018.
Guerrero, Marilin. Crossing the Uncertain Path of Life - Cuba. February 2018.
Konbaz, Rahaf. So You Say You Want A Revolution - Syria. March 2018.
Lozano, Gabriela. El cuchillo de la incertidumbre : Piercing Uncertainty - México. January 2018.
Romano, Mavi. An Uncertain Democracy - Spain. April 2018
Ranaldo, Mary. Incerto or Flexible: Italia and UK. March 2018.
Samir, Ahmed. Uncertainty in Personal Life. January 2018.
Quintero, Jonay. The Fear of Not Knowing - España. January 2018.
Translators and writers from Romania, Russia, Paraguay, Argentina, Indonesia, Macedonia, Germany, Spain, America, Britain, and more...
<!-- Facebook Pixel Code